Job Role/Title – Electrical Inspector
Salary Scale – TBC
Form of Employment – Full Time
Department – Major Contracts
Direct Report – Head of Technical Services/Contracts
Date – March 2019
Main Purpose of Job
To undertake technical inspections on behalf of GCS to assess and manage the performance of Electrical contractors completing the planned periodic testing programmes, and servicing and repair contracts of Electric Heating and hot water contracts on behalf of Social Housing Providers. To consult and report on Electrotechnical standards in Domestic and Commercial Properties.
Other related compliance services to meet our client’s specific requirements include:
• Site Validation and Verification of Landlord’s EICR Certificates.
• Client reporting, such as Compliance & post inspection audit.
• Post New Installation works inspections and reporting.
• Stock condition surveys.
• Attendance to Client Contract Meetings.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Electrical team to deliver a diary of daily inspections to ensure contractor works are completed to a high standard. To attend individual residences in a timely fashion to meet our contractual obligations and maintain the reputation of the company.
• To support the Electrical Technical Lead by completing inspections and providing reports on contractor performance and be a point of contact for the provision of Electrical Safety advice.
• Monitor the on-time performance and quality of works of Electrical contractors. Be aware of Key Performance Indicators of contractors and report performance accurately.
• Ensure all works are undertaken to current legislative standards and report on technical changes which will affect current and future client projects.
• Review Technical Reports
• Report on programme of works.
• Ensure the accurate and timely updating of databases following completions of works.
• Ensure the appropriate safety precautions are implemented for all programmed works projects.
• Undertake suitable survey processes to validate stock and condition information.
• Check specifications, dealing with contractor queries and suitability of works.
• Review policies, procedures and processes for approval where necessary to ensure appropriate methods are used in providing services.
• Carry out and monitor Pre and Post contract work to assess and report that works completed are in accordance with terms and conditions, procedures, value for money, customer consultation and health and safety requirements including CDM.
• Conduct pre-inspections of repairs and post inspections of works completed.
• Liaise with customer departments to ensure their priorities are included within programme/contracts.
• Ensure performance data is captured and reported so performance can be assessed.
• This role will require occasional attendance at meetings with clients.
• Undertake the timely and consistent delivery of all audit verification checks.
• Assist with the contractor relationship and suitable return for rejected documentation and remedial works.
• Provide technical support to the Administrative staff with day to day contact from both Client and Contractor.
• Be available to assist colleagues to meet the reasonable needs of the business in times of absence and/or annual leave.
• To be actively supporting the development of the department into other electrical compliance areas including, but not limited to: CCTV, Door entry systems, Electrical Vehicle charge points, Fire Risk Assessments findings.
To affect the efficient and smooth operation of our post inspection audit regime team, identify and report on sub-standard works. Advise and implement measured improvements in terms of both costs and quality of contractor works.
To keep informed of legislative, technical and procedural changes, including health & safety. To support the technical lead with the provision of data and be prepared to deputise in cases of absence.
To ensure that Head of Contracts, Technical Lead & Contract Officers are kept properly informed as to all project status along with current levels of audits planned and completed.
Provide a high quality, efficient and reliable delivery of customer service.
To ensure our contractual commitments are met in accordance with agreed service level agreements, covering both our inspection audits and detailed reports, all to be completed within timescale.
The delivery and quality standards of the Electrical Audits, including knowledge of the contractual requirements of each contract ad contractor.
The Head of Technical Services/Contracts
Job Related Professional Skills:
To be an inspirational and respected employee
To adopt a “can do” approach
To have an essential understanding the departmental key functions
Be willing to innovate and exceed performance expectations
Assist in ensuring responsible decisions are made, inline with Business expectations and standards
To adopt a cost-conscious mindset and be prepared to identify and implement efficiencies
Demonstrates excellent motivational and influencing skills,
Demonstrates excellent time management skills and ability to work able to meet tough deadlines
Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team or independently
Job Related Experience:
It is deemed essential that this person must be able to display a detailed understanding of the IET Edition 17 and 18. Be knowledgeable in the duties that are required to be delivered by this department, be professional at all times, command staff acceptance & respect and be willing to adapt and overcome issue with ease. Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team or independently. Has operated as part of, or is able to demonstrate effective skills to be part of a service delivery team
City and Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical Installations
NVQ Level 3 Electrical technical installations
IET Edition 18 regulations
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information